Welcome to the Financial Services Community
- Sample Companies
- Sample Functional Roles
- Welcome to the Finance Community at Rice Business! Rice Business is ranked #5 Best MBA for Finance by Princeton Review and is the top MBA program for students seeking investment banking opportunities in Houston. We are here to keep you connected to what’s happening in the finance industry. If you are interested in learning about investment banking, corporate finance, investment management, private equity, or venture capital please see our resources.
View the CDO’s 2023-2024 Investment Banking Policies here.
View the CDO’s Finance Roadmap
View the CDO’s Investment Banking Roadmap
- Investment Banks:Bank of America Securities | Barclays Global Markets | BMO Capital Markets | Citigroup Banking | Credit Suisse | Deutsche Bank | Evercore | GF Securities | Goldman Sachs | Greenhill & Co. | Jefferies & Company, Inc. | JP Morgan Chase & Co. | KLR Group | Lazard | Moelis & Company | Morgan Stanley | RBC Capital Markets | Scotiabank | Simmons & Company | TD Securities | Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. | UBS Investment Bank | Wells Fargo
- Private Equity/Venture Capital: B29 Investments, LP | Bazean | Buck Jack Capital | Endeavor Energy | Global Energy Capital | Hastings Equity Partners | Launch Factory | Luminus Management, LLC | Mercury Fund | Neon Liberty Capital Management | Nomad Energy Partners | Sage Equity Partners | Shell Ventures
- Investment Management/Private Wealth: Dimensional Fund Advisors | Eagle Global Advisors, LLC | Goldman Sachs | Greenview Capital Group, LLC | J.P. Morgan Private Bank | Rice Angel Network | Teacher Retirement System of Texas *Employment with a specific company is not guaranteed.
- Analyst | Associate | Associate – Investment Banking | Associate – Investor Relations | Corporate and Investment Banking Associate | Equity Research Intern | Finance Analyst Intern | Investment Analyst | Investment Banking Associate | Investor Relations | Portfolio Analyst | Private Banking Summer Associate | Private Equity Associate | Private Wealth Management Associate | Summer Associate
*Employment within a specific job function or title is not guaranteed.
2022 Alumni Career Panel Series: Financial Services
This is a great resource for those who want to gain insight from Rice Business alumni who work in the Financial Services industry. This workshop took place on June 17, 2022 featuring:
- Kirsten Roberts – Associate Investment Director at Rice Management Company – Class of 2020
- Dexter Combs – Global Finance Manager at Visa – Class of 2017
- Kunal Shinde – Business Analysis Manager at Capital One – Class of 2021
2022 Alumni Career Panel Series: Investment Banking
This is a great resource for those who want to gain insight from Rice Business alumni who work in the Investment Banking industry. This workshop took place on July 8, 2022 featuring:
- Mills Kelly – Investment Banking Associate at Moelis & Company – Class of 2021
- Johnny Gragg – Investment Banking Associate at Barclays – Class of 2019
- Matt Manriquez – Investment Banking Associate at Morgan Stanley – Class of 2021
Venture Capital Job Blog
Detailed, comprehensive collection of venture capital (VC) jobs and information about how to get a venture capital job. https://johngannonblog.com/
2021 Career Edge Industry Series: Financial Services
This is a great resource for those who want to learn more about financial services and gain insight from Rice alumni who work in the financial services industry, including those who work in investment banking. To view the financial services career edge panel, please click here. To view the investment banking career edge panel, please click here.
Written by Jack Kelly for Forbes, published on Jun 01, 2023
Employment scams cost workers about $2 billion in direct losses each year, according to the Better Business Bureau. In the first quarter of 2022, around 14 million people were …
After years as a manager, you’ve finally landed your first executive role!
This is an exciting development but can also be a difficult one, as not every manager successfully transitions into an executive role. For instance, one corporation found that …
Congratulations! You’ve accepted a job offer and are getting ready to begin your new opportunity. While it’s tempting to sit back and relax until you start your new job, taking advantage of this period can make a significant difference in …
In the realm of job interviews, one question frequently takes center stage: “Why are you looking for a new job?”
The query demands a thoughtful response, especially in today’s competitive professional landscape. This question often arises because prospective employers want …
Some well-known companies, like Mastercard and Visa, are considered fintech businesses because they rely on technology to …